gsa entertainment

Friday 12 October 2012

Stephen Goodly Interview & Video


Sometimes talent must be worked and crafted, in other cases its just God given ability. This is defiantly the case with the young and talented Stephen Goodly. He is quickly becoming a rising star with his soothing vocals and his rhythmic dance abilities. Probably the most amazing thing about this kid is that he’s still in middle school writing his own music, that’s a virtue that cannot be over looked.  We caught up with the young star recently to get his thoughts on various topics. You can read the full interview below:
1.Where are you from?
I was born in New Orleans.
2.How Did You Get Started With Singing?
I actually began when I was five in my church choir.  When I was twelve I began writing music.  I gave my songs to my former band director, Lloyd Harris and he set me up with Fitchfield  Records LLC.
3. What are your future plans?
To continue studying music and to excel in school. I’m studying music with the Metairie School of Music, Tiptina’s Jazz Internship Program, and Warren Easton High School, where I am a freshmen.
4.When will you have new music for us?
I’m going back into the studio this month.  I’m hoping a new single will be out in a couple of months.
5.How do you separate yourself from other young artists?
I write my own music.  It’s pure and positive.
6.Who influenced your style?
Thanks to my mom, I love all kinds of music.  My musical influences include Usher, Maroon Five, Neyo, Kanye West,  the Cash Money Crew, and even Al Green.  I listen to it all.
7.Who do you want to work with in the future?
I would like to do a duet with Nicki Minaj, but who wouldn’t.
8.Have you always enjoyed music?
My whole life.  My dad had me on tape humming “The Flight of the Bumblebee” at nine months.  They had me listening to everything.
9.Do you write your own music?
Yes, I write all the time. A lot of what Ive written is not on paper yet.  Im still piecing it together in my head.
10.Also, where can your fans listen to more of your music?
I will be releasing another song “Fall” on You Tube within the next two months.
For Bookings and Inquires: smgoodly@yahoo.com or call 504-812-9371

No comments:

Post a Comment